Bake at Home this Mother’s Day
Not able to grab your mum a 4 or 6 pack of muffins this Mother’s Day?
Why not bake her a fresh batch of muffins this Sunday with a fabulous Muffin Break recipe that makes 12 muffins for all the family to enjoy?
2 cups plain flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
⅔ cup caster sugar
1 cup milk
90 g butter, melted
2 cups frozen raspberries, crushed
1 tbsp strawberry topping
150gm butter, softened
250gm icing sugar mixture
Pink food colouring
Preheat oven to moderate (180°C or 160C fan forced). Brush 12 x ⅓ cup capacity muffin cups with oil or line with muffin wrappers.
- Place sifted flour, baking powder, soda, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Whisk together egg, milk and cooled melted butter in a large jug. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together. Add raspberries and milkshake syrup, mix until combined.
- Spoon mix evenly into 12 muffin cases. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins have risen and until a skewer comes out clean. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Make buttercream – mix butter and icing mixture in a food processor until well combined, then slowly drop in pink food colouring to make a light pink colour.
- Pipe a large rosette of buttercream icing into each muffin, dust with icing sugar and place wafer flower on top.
Allergen warning: This product contains the allergens Dairy, Eggs, Gluten, Lupin.