COVID-19 News for Our Community
[Updated 3rd June 2020]
At Muffin Break, we love providing our valued customers with the freshest food, served with a smile.
We’re open and supporting our community through the COVID-19 government restrictions, with delicious muffins and coffee, in the safest environment possible.
- For the states that are allowing dine-in for cafes, Muffin Break has measured out their seating plans based on the physical distancing requirements of each local government.
- Please be mindful not to move any chairs or tables, so that our stores can continue to remain open for you to visit.
- Currently some of our stores are using takeaway packaging for dine in and takeaway and introducing crockery where permissible.
- If we ask for your contact details when you dine in, we are required to keep these for COVID-19 tracing and thank you for doing so. We will ensure your details are kept safe.
Cleanliness in Store
- Our team are undertaking robust cleaning and sanitation schedules of all surfaces and equipment during storage, preparation and display of food
- All stores have hand sanitiser at the counter available for customers
- Staff are regularly washing their hands with high-grade antibacterial wash
- Staff members are using gloves/tongs to handle your food items
- We ask that customers do not bring in reusable cups just yet but will let you know as soon as that changes.
Payment & Loyalty Cards
- We now ask customers to pay with a Tap & Go as the preferred payment option.
- We ask our loyalty members to download the Muffin Break app on their smartphones for you to tap, in place of handling your loyalty cards.
- All our staff undergo rigorous training in hygiene and food-handling practices. In response to the current environment, we have implemented further measures:
- All staff are undertaking specific COVID-19 training in their local stores as well as mandatory state- based training
- If any of our team members are feeling unwell, they will be requested to stay home, follow the required medical advice and we encourage our community to exercise the same precautions
We appreciate your support through this and know that we are almost there. We will continue to monitor and act upon recommendations from the Australian Government Department of Health, State Governments and Food Standards Australia and New Zealand and will update you accordingly.
The Muffin Break Team