Hot Cross Scones Have Landed in Time for Easter!
Limited Time Only
HOT CROSS SCONE |INGREDIENTS (MAKES 12 SCONES)
2 ½ cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
80g butter, softened
1 cup sultanas
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup plain flour
1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease a baking tray with oil or line with grease proof paper.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, caster sugar and grated orange rind into a large bowl. Add butter, then rub with your fingertips until the mix looks like fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the dry mix, then add sultanas, buttermilk and combine it quickly with a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until evenly incorporated and the mixture begins to hold together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll dough out to about 1.5cm thick.
- Use a 5cm-diameter pastry cutter dipped in flour to cut 12 scones from the dough. Place scones on the baking tray about 5mm apart.
- Make the crosses. Whisk flour and water until smooth in a small bowl and transfer cross paste into a piping bag or zip lock bag. Cut a 1 cm opening at the tip of the piping bag. Pipe the paste to make a cross on top of scones.
- Bake for 20 mins until risen and golden on the top. Eat just warm or cold.
Eat Fresh within 4 hrs (room temperature) or refrigerate (below 5°C) up to 1 day in a sealed container. This product contains the allergens: Wheat, Milk
Filled with delicious fruit – It’s a twist on the typical Hot Cross Bun so you can enjoy these with butter or alone, or take a 4 or 6 pack home to share.
Pick up a 4 pack of scones for $10, or a 6 pack of scones for $15, but be quick. These scones will jump out the door faster than the Easter bunny! Get into store and ask about them today.