Muffin Break is committed to providing nationally recognised training courses to new and existing franchise partners and their staff.
Relevant and practical training courses have been carefully selected to ensure you and your staff are well equipped with any necessary skills required to operate a successful bakery café, allowing for a motivated and knowledgeable team.
- Food Safety Supervisor Qualification
- Accredited Barista Program
- Certificate 3 in Hospitality (includes: Food Safety
- Supervisor Qualification and Accredited Barista Program).
Training Delivery Platforms
These specialised accredited training courses are delivered:
- At Muffin Break’s state of the art Centre of Retail Excellence (CORE)
- Online through Muffin Break’s eLearning and communication portal
- At Muffin Break Training Stores
- At Muffin Break franchise partners’ own business.
Our nationally recognised training course is compulsory for all new franchise partners and consists of:
Pre–CORE 1: Online Muffin Break specific training that covers modules such as: manual handling, emergency procedures, sandwich theory, food safety, barista program, cleaning and customer service.
CORE 1: Is an in-depth three week program of training and assessment at the Foodco Centre of Retail Excellence in Sydney.
Through classroom style learning, hands-on training and real store experience, franchise partners complete training modules in coffee, both theoretical and technical, kitchen and front of house skills, financial management, HR and staff coaching.
Training Store: Five days of training in an operating Muffin Break store to hone new franchise partners’ experience with support from an experienced franchise partner and their team.
In Store: On the opening or hand-over of a Muffin Break store, franchise partners receive an initial seven days of field support by a minimum of 2 accredited Muffin Break Operational Field Consultants. Franchise partners also continue to log their barista hours and complete further online training modules.
CORE 2: Occurs approximately 6 months post store opening and offers real data finance, customer service and leadership management. In addition to the delivery of the best practices and relevant training to further grow franchisees business and operations.
Additional Ongoing Training
Ongoing training is provided via:
- In-field visitations by specialised Muffin Break Operations Consultants. The consultant to franchisee ratio is held at 1:12 to ensure franchise partners receive regular visitations.
- Annual operations training programs, which aim to improve consistency and reward outstanding performance.
- Online training modules delivered through Muffin Break’s eLearning communication and training portal.
- Regional Group Meetings where workshops, food demonstrations and training skills are delivered.