7 Amazing Activities for the Winter School Holidays!
Need some exciting ideas to warm up winter? We’ve put together a list of some of the best activities to keep kids entertained these winter school holidays.
Make it a winter break to remember!
1. Go Wild at Jurassic World Craft Villages!
Check out your local Westfield shopping centre for a close encounter with all your kids’ favourite dinosaurs! Paint your favourite Jurassic friend, get a photo with Blue, and much more at the Jurassic World Craft Village in a Westfield shopping centre near you!
2. Eat Pancakes! DIY with this Delicious Recipe.
All you need is:
- 1 and ½ cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- 1/3 of a cup of caster sugar
- 25 grams of butter (melted)
- 1 and a ½ cups of fresh blueberries
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a small bowl or jug
- Sift flour and bi-carb soda together, then stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre, add milk mixture and whisk until combined. Mixture may be a little lumpy. Stir in fresh blueberries.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter. Pour ¼ cup of mixture into the pan per pancake and wait until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes or until it’s completely cooked!
- Most importantly – enjoy while they’re nice and warm!
3. See a film!
Check your local cinema for session times for one of the many great kids’ films coming out these school holidays such as Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation. Join your favourite monster family as they embark on a luxury monster cruise ship to finally have a holiday of their own!
4. Join a Muffin Break Cookie Workshop…
Keep an eye on your local shopping centre for a Muffin Break cookie workshop!
Design your own personal cookie with hundreds and thousands, chocolate sprinkles, icing and more.
If you’re lucky enough, Muffin Man may even make a special appearance at your shopping centre!
5. Make your own chocolate chip cookies!
If you can’t make it to a cookie workshop, we’ve got the next best thing, you can make your own delicious chocolate chip cookies at home!
All you need is:
- 125g of unsalted butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ a cup of brown sugar
- ½ a cup of caster sugar
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 and ½ cups of self-raising flour
- 200g of choc chips
Now, all you have to do is:
- Preheat your oven to 180° or 160° for fan forced.
- Combine the butter and both sugars in a bowl and mix until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix again until smooth
- Stir in the flour and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the choc chips until they’re evenly distributed around the mix.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture on greased baking trays and flatten them slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack until they’re cool enough to eat!
6. Go Ice Skating!
Make the most of the winter school holidays and go ice skating! Some shopping centres are even hosting their own ice-skating rinks, so be on the lookout for a winter wonderland popping up near you!
7. Be Adventurous! Have a Treasure Hunt.
There’s nothing more exciting than a good adventure, and that’s exactly what you could have at home! Stain some paper by rubbing it with damp tea bags to give it the look of parchment, draw up a map and write clues for your little adventurers to find a treasure of yours or their choice. It’s a fun and easy activity that’ll get everyone thinking creatively!