Each store within the Muffin Break network is looking for great team members. So to assist our business partners when you apply for a job make sure the following information has been provided:
Preparing for Your application
Things to consider:
- Current contact details including a contact phone number, email address and emergency contact details
- Check that your eligibility to work in Australia is current. If you have a visa, that you provide a copy of your passport and visa details so that a VEVO check can be conducted
- Ensure you have dates and details of your work history and these can be verified
- Ensure you have at least two current referees and their contact details
- Plan ahead and ensure you can provide a list of hours, times and days you can be available to work
- If under 16 years of age you will need a parent or guardians consent (this varies state by state)
If your application is well prepared and presented, then you may be contacted for a job interview.
Interviews can be contacted in person, by teleconference or even over the phone.
It may be one person interviewing or a small panel of two or three.
No matter how the interview is shaped, the following preparation guidelines are recommended.
- Confirm the time of the interview, make a note and don’t be late (in fact be a little early, you can become more familiar with the café)
- Check to find out if there will be a practical assessment and allow time for this
- Be well presented. We work with food, so cleanliness and hygiene are paramount. First impressions count
- Bring a copy of your resume and copies of any qualifications that are relevant to the role
- Think about the types of questions you may be asked and prepare how you might respond to these
- Preparing for these questions will help with your confidence and ease any interview nerves
Some common questions may include:
- Tell me about yourself
- What experience do you have for this role?
- Tell me about a time you experienced a difficult customer, what did you do?
- Are you a team player? provide an example
- How will you get to work?
Prepare some questions for the interviewer such as:
- What you are looking for in this role?
- What hours are required for this role?
During the Interview
- Maintain eye contact
- Show your enthusiasm by sitting up straight, use your voice to convey interest and understanding
- Show that you have done some research, maybe look at the menu in advance, be aware of marketing campaigns, visit the café prior to the interview
- Sometimes the interview may require a practical assessment, be prepared for this. It may be short say 15 minutes or longer an hour or so
- At the conclusion of the interview, thank the interviewer.
- You may ask what the next step might be, which may be reference checking, a second interview , assessment or notice of whether the interview has been successful or not.
Reference checking – generally two references will be conducted, it is preferable to have work related references, this is not always possible. If not possible a school reference, a club reference or personal reference from a family contact may be provided.
If YOU ARE offered the role
You will be contacted to complete an application.
As part of this application you will be required to complete a review of our company policies relevant to your role and some introductory training so set you up for success.
Want to know more?
We are here for you and can be contacted via email@example.com.